<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

zero to sixty (in five point two?) 

Oh god, I just saw Ashlee Simpson's little jig on SNL. I missed it the first time around. Why oh why didn't she just sing the song and be all, "oh, it's so good I had to sing it twice"? Fantastic. God, it was like that time in high school when I realized you could see the band of my (school-required) nylons through my crocheted sweater because they went higher than the waistband of my skirt. And it's really cute, the way she blamed it on the band. How awkward.

Also awkward: MTV's jump from their special Katrina-related news/diary thing to the repulsive brat-centric show "My Super Sweet Sixteen." Damn, that's some bad programming. The ReAct Now concert they played was quite good, though, and I gleaned this tidbit from it:

You can also make an instant donation to the Red Cross from your cell phone. Just text the word HELP to the number 2HELP (24357) and $5.00 will be donated. 100% of this money goes to the Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund. Your $5.00 donation will show up on your next cell phone bill.


I hope it works with prepaids. I always have money left on my phone when I have to re-up (every ninety days) because I rarely use my cell phone, so it's an easy thing to do.

Never fall for Virgin Mobile's line, by the way. Crappiest prepaid ever. I have no signal where I live; I have to drive twenty minutes to get it. Cingular, however, reaches out here. Also their customer service is useless. I had to get my phone replaced because the battery wouldn't hold a charge -- I found this out the first day I had it, which was lame. They wouldn't let me handle it through e-mail, I had to call them. And then I had to schedule a day for the phone to be picked up. This was right after I had Rabbit, so I was a little busy. Very annoying. And now I'm using Ben's cast-off VM phone, and we can't remember what the "v-code" (urgh.) is, so I've contacted them three times to ask about a workaround so that I can enter top-up cards from the phone, and they have ignored me each time. Just bleh. Don't do it. I know the commercials seem cool and the site is pretty and the whole thing seems hip, but it's not worth it.

Well, that was a wide range of topics, wasn't it?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? haloscan.com makes commenting easy. eXTReMe Tracker

<< ? glitteratti # >>