<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 10, 2005

temporary stroke of good luck 

I forgot to mention that I broke the bad-meal streak. Chicken and White Bean Chili. It was delicious. The recipe is at my livejournal, since I've decided to use that for stuff that I wouldn't normally put up here. Stream-of-consciousness fluff posts, recipes, and quizzes/memes. Here it is, if you're interested. Feel free to friend me, I'm too lj-shy to do any adding myself yet.

I never thought I would care enough about cooking to be bummed over a couple of nasty dinners, but there you have it. When I was a teenager, I could cook grilled cheese sandwiches, scrambled egg sandwiches, spam and pineapple, french toast, spaghetti, tacos, and salmon cakes. That was it. Now I feel like I can cook anything I see; not necessarily with perfect results, but I'm not afraid to try. The girl who grew up dreading the days she was assigned to cook is now trying to master this little domain. It's kind of fun, actually. Even the miserable failures are fun in their own way. Which is good, because there have been a lot of them along the way.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? haloscan.com makes commenting easy. eXTReMe Tracker

<< ? glitteratti # >>