<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 12, 2005

open letter the twenty-fifth 

You (once again) know who you are,

I wish you would read this, and maybe think about it for a little while. Especially the last bits.

I thought you knew better and it's kind of disappointing that you don't. But I think it's fixable. Please just try.

Love,
Karen

-------------

Really, it's a very good piece. It puts a lot of things into perspective, even taken on its own merit and not re: the situation in NOLA.

Please disregard, or at least, take with a grain of salt, the poor-upping that follows (there are links in the comments on Scalzi's site). It raises a valid point (first-world vs. third-world poverty) but the way it's gone about is crappy.

I always forget about John Scalzi's website and then someone will link to something he's written and I'll remember for about a week then the cycle begins anew. I've discovered his feed on lj, though, so that won't happen again. Triumph!

(link via prettyfool)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? haloscan.com makes commenting easy. eXTReMe Tracker

<< ? glitteratti # >>