<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

flufftastic 

Have I mentioned my love for Aimee Mann? She's from Virginia! I had no idea. Although I should have known after reading that The Forgotten Arm, her latest album, tells the story of a couple who met at the VA State Fair:

It is a concept album, detailing in a series of vignettes the story of John, a boxer, and his girlfriend Caroline, who meet at the Virginia state fair in the late 1970s. As the two travel across the United States, their relationship begins to fray as John's addiction comes to light; however, the album's final song indicates that John and Caroline stay together.


I gotta say, it's a great album. I think I like it better than Lost in Space, even.

Added bonus: the Virginia State Fair itself is this month, starting September 22. I haven't been there in a few years; if we can get the bucks together, I think we'll let Rabbit experience it for the first time this year. Complete with funnel cakes and tons of vendors selling state-pride peanuts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? haloscan.com makes commenting easy. eXTReMe Tracker

<< ? glitteratti # >>